Monday, October 11, 2010

The Eggshell Baby

Three times in one week, people who are close to me, whom I love, whom I admire, have shared comments meant to 'educate' me. Those comments, taken together, leave me here on a Monday morning feeling raw, bruised, and insecure.
As you know I've been building something new for my life. It's so new that it's like a baby doll made out of an eggshell. The words shared by my friends have had the effect of stomping on my eggshell baby, crushing it to bits on the concrete.
I wish I were not so sensitive. Perhaps I need some kind of emotional armor.
Perhaps I am in an eggshell of my own creation and need to emerge so that one day I can fly.
My thought for today is that I want to heal this oversensitivity and the feeling of desperation that comes with it. I should be happy and go outside, take a walk in the woods and forget words that float into nothingness in the air. I wish I had no memory of the sound and shape and feel of words like arrows flung my way.

3 comments:

  1. Sensitivity is a gift, I think. It's not a weakness... the trick is to embrace it and own the feelings that come with it. And say screw you to those who try to bring you down :)
    (that's waht I keep trying to tell myself...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had to develop a thick skin for all of those who wish to "educate" me. What right do they have to bring me down? And they have no right to crush you, either. Next time, give them the "talk to the hand" sign!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry that you had those comments. Hope your week turned out better than Monday! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Banner and button design by me!