Monday, February 11, 2013

Loving Richard



Loving Richard is a natural kind of thing, like breathing air.  I just know that I do, even when he's driving me crazy.

I'll always remember our first date, eating skinny fried chicken legs, spending the evening sitting cross legged on the floor, talking and listening to music.

He was (and remains) the coolest, most intellectual and spiritual man I've ever known.  He blew my mind and opened my heart that first night.  When he looks into my eyes everything else in the world fades away.  There was nothing but Richard on my mind and heart during those first months of bliss.   It was such an intense and overwhelming experience that when summer ended I was only dimly aware that time had passed, and I realized that I would need to begin talking to my family about the new man in my life.

Over time, each one of my family members came to love him too.

You see, it's natural to love someone who cares about others.  Who cares about little things that matter.



The world began to open up for me from that time of our memorable first meeting, when he saw me in a parking lot picking up trash for a living, and he heard a voice that said "there goes your wife."



The voice was right.  I didn't know that while I was picking up cigarette butts and fast food wrappers, my future husband was sitting in an old blue Mustang, getting ready to go to work.  He heard the voice while I walked in front of his car, carrying a blue plastic bucket and wearing a ratty old baseball hat.

How many footsteps did it take to get to Richard?  I know that each one of those steps seemed like random drifting, but were actually planned by someone who can see my life from a higher perspective.



I'm so glad I didn't doubt the plan.


He's a free spirit and so full of life.  It's still kind of like a dream to me that we get to share life together.



If anyone needs proof that I'm in love with Richard, this is a picture of me following him up Brown Mountain:

 IN THE DARK.  WHERE BEARS LIVE.


WITH A SMILE.



12 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny. I love this post where you tell us about your love for Richard. Wonderful photos - he obviously has a real sense of fun as well as being such a caring man. I am so pleased that you found each other and, yes, that is a real testament of your love for him that you were prepared to go up the mountain where bears live!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane! That was a terrifying hike for me, in the dark. There were lots of big rustling noises and my heart was pumping like a steam engine.

      Delete
  2. I love the last line. I think you sound like you're in an amazing place now & I'm happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful tribute to him. I know it was God's plan to bring the two of you together. The wonderful qualities both of you have are amplified in each other and made even stronger and more vibrant.

    That Elliot is so amazing is an outgrowth of the two of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelly! Amplified is a great way to describe what happens when we are together. The energy in the house gets a power surge, a boost, when Richard comes through the door after work. Having a family to belong to is a sacred gift to me.

      Delete
  4. Sweet, I love it.
    Happy Valentine's Day. xx oo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww.....I adore this!! I love hearing how much other couples love their spouse:) Happy Valentine's Day Jennifer:)

    xoxoo Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dearest Jennifer,
    How lovely and perfect couple you both are♡♡♡ Belated Happy Valentine's Day from east to America♬♬♬
    Sending you lots of love and hugs, xoxo Miyako*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miyako! Thank you for the happy Valentine's Day wishes! We are not perfect, but maybe it's better that way. Sending you lots of love too my sweet friend!

      Delete

Search This Blog

Banner and button design by me!