Thursday, May 2, 2013

My defense against aging!

Today is my birthday.  I am happy.  The gift I asked for is an empty jar.  I'm going to use it as my "happiness jar" and fill it each day with a scrap of paper in which I have written down the happiest moment of the day.  By my next birthday, I plan to take out all the scraps of paper and read them.  This is my defense against aging!


In some cultures, it is customary to give gifts to all the people you love on your birthday.  Today I have the gift of a song to share, which perfectly captures how I'm going to be celebrating life.  I first heard this song while the credits were rolling on the Pirates Band of Misfits.   I love it so much.  Thank you for being the loving, supportive friends who make my life worth dancing about!

Enjoy!


11 comments:

  1. Jenny, I love your giving nature that pushes you to share a gift with us on your birthday. I love that song (don't think I'd heard it before) and the happiness jar. I smile just thinking about that.

    And I hope that your celebration today is filled with smiles, guffaws, family and friends, fireflies and twinkle lights, and all the wonderful things you deserve, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shelly! I'm so uplifted by the love all around.

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday to a very special person. I wish you blessings and joy - today and throughout the coming year. The Happiness Jar is such a great idea and the song was lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to you! Love your happiness jar idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've actually heard that song before, but can't remember where or when. I hope your day, your week, your YEAR is filled with joy and many many smiles.
    I love your Happiness Jar idea. I've seen it on Facebook, and thought at the time what a great idea it was. Perhaps I'll have to start my own!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen! Thank you so much for the happy birthday wishes here and on fb. The happiness jar is so interesting. I found it through Elizabeth Gilbert's page. Unexpectedly, I found myself anticipating the happiest moment before it happened, then struggled to decide which moment was actually the happiest. It changes the way you see your day. It makes me realize how many happy moments I have not appreciated or not even noticed at all!

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday my blog friend. Have a great day!! And I love your idea of the Happiness Jar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carla! It is such a powerful idea that I'm borrowing and applying! More effective than a to do list!

      Delete
  6. Awww.happy birthday! We are both Taurus's:) I hope you have an amazing day and what a wonderful gift for yourself! I am much more materialistic than you. Good for you. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Banner and button design by me!