Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Bears in the Woods, Ghosts in the Cabin


At some points on the trail I was able to lead the way, especially since I wanted to get to the secure safety of Corbin Cabin.


Safe from the bear families, but haunted by the sad story of hardship and a family tradgedy in the 100 year old Corbin Cabin.





Once we were safely out, we stopped at this Day's Inn in Elkins, West Virginia. It was a former hospital, still being used by doctors of all kinds! How appropriate! In the basement of this former hospital, some genius repurposed the morgue into a steak house. I was struck by this item on the menu:

4 comments:

  1. I grew up in Petoskey! when you said northern michigan I thought that was cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YIKES! I'm not sure I could eat in a former morgue! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow, I would not drink that. Freaky!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Banner and button design by me!