Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Whatcha Say Wednesday

I'm never able to be wordless on Wednesday, no matter how hard I try. So today I'm liking up with Stash Mama for Watcha Say Wednesday.  Today's questions are:

1.  Do you think you are a good friend?

  I have been a good friend to many people over the course of my life.  When I was younger I had a tendency to attach myself emotionally my friends, perhaps a little too much.  Having experienced several profound, life changing events, I now tend to look more within myself for comfort.  I do love people, and want to reach out more.  But friendship is something that grows over time.  I'm so blessed to have some very good friends who still love me despite my faults.
I'm also a Friend, as in Friend with a capital F, as I attend a Quaker meeting.  I don't know if I'm a very good Friend because sometimes I don't attend regularly or participate in community activities.  This is not because I don't love and appreciate the people there or the experience of worshiping there.  I've learned that working from home has a downside: it's comfy here and I have to really motivate myself to get out.  I'm working on that one.
 
2.  What household chore do you despise the most?

After dinner clean up.  I love to cook, but I'm the kind that focuses so much on the process of cooking that I stack the prep dishes instead of washing as I go.  This makes me have to face a huge mess at the exact time when all I want to do is lay down on the couch and watch the news or read a book.   The strange thing is that I don't mind washing dishes at any other time during the day.  It sort of seems like a little break, a task that I've been doing since childhood.  My husband hates to see stacks of dishes with food and junk sitting there so if I don't start clean up, he does.  Then, I feel guilty and lazy and worthless.  We keep going on like that; he starts the water as I sneak off, then I come in to help dry and put away.

3.  What was your favorite board game as a kid?

The first was Chutes and Ladders.  Then I loved one called Head of the Class.  My dad loved to play games and I  played Scrabble with him for many years before he died.  Operation was always fun too.

4.  Bonus question:  Look around the room to find something with I, J and K.

Ink pens, Jenny (that's me), and Keyboard.


2 comments:

  1. Ink pens right in front of me and I didn't even think of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog. I don't really have time to write our responses but love yours and maybe I'll do a scrapbook page or challenge with these thoughts. Like that idea.

    Found you from Parker PR online...

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Banner and button design by me!