Monday, December 13, 2010

Gingerbread House Raffle Winners

While creating gift bags for Elliot's friends, today I received a call from Harris Teeter saying that I won the Gingerbread House Raffle.  This magnificent construction is so big it takes up most of the dining room table.  After struggling with unresolved family issues (that impact my joy for posting regularly), receiving this generous gift was an unexpected delight amid stress and residual hurt feelings. It seems that every year, I go through some type of drama with my family of origin.  I'm sure I'm not the only one out there who pays devastating consequences for failing to live up to unreasonable expectations. 
Yet this truth remains; when doors slam in my face, others open wide.  I suddenly notice people around me; church family and friends extend hugs and kind, loving words not knowing how much I appreciate them.  A simple verbal exchange between two near-strangers can become the best gift received.   There are many many ways to give this season.  Please check in soon for a post about giving and the ways we are practicing generosity in our home school classroom.  And if you, too are having difficulty with relationships this time of year, I send lots of hugs and encouragement your way.

2 comments:

  1. That is an amazing Gingerbread House. Looks way too pretty to eat. What an nice unexpected blessing. I love the look on your son's face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome gingerbread house!!! That is another thing ( holiday related ) that I have never made... but it is on my list to do. Your kiddo has a great look on his face :)

    Sorry you are going through some things with the family... seems family is good for this.

    Extra hugs for you.. one thing that helps me is thinking of them as learning experiences on ways I do not want to do things.. helps me to take that perspective.. lets me feel a bit more balanced I think.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Banner and button design by me!