Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Our first Big Name Competition is the Discovery Channel!

Well, it has finally happened!  We have our first big name competitor.  The Discovery Channel is currently marketing a product similar to Knees and Paws.  I'm delighted to see this development, because
a) It validates my idea.
b) Their success or failure can be a springboard for my future proposals to investors or companies with whom I'd love to develop a brand alliance.  If it works for Discovery, it can work for us.
c) If they decide to include knee pads, I have a chance to defend myself with a patent date.

I had an opportunity to observe the quality of their product first hand when shopping at Big Lots.  The plush is high quality, the paws are stuffed so that they feel like thick pillows on the hands.  The masks included were interesting, but I'm not sure that small children would appreciate the nose pieces.  An additional feature is that the set makes a growling noise.
Click on the link below to see what they have created.  I'd love to hear what you think!
http://store.discovery.com/detail.php?p=263814&v=discovery

1 comment:

  1. I think that maybe that nose piece would be distracting... I love that you have so many more options and that they are custom fit and made special. Do you make them for adults too? Not only would they be a great adult costume but a lot of people seem to enjoy pretending to be cats and dogs.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Banner and button design by me!