Friday, May 6, 2011

Thankful

It's five o'clock in the morning here, an early hour for me.  I can't stop my blogging habit even though I need to focus on the sewing machine.

I'm awake with gratitude.

Yesterday, I went to the doctor for what I thought was the beginning of a uti.  The visiting physician there surprised me by saying that the test for uti was negative.  I should have a scan to check for either
1.  Cancer
2.  Kidney Stones

And that I should prepare myself for an agonizing trip to the ER.

That kidney stones can be as painful as childbirth. 

So, off I went to the Imaging center where I was promptly told to pay $800.00, or a portion of this amount.

Thankfully, Richard was with me or I might have walked out the door wondering when I might die.

I obediently agreed to the scan.  It was a futuristic moment.  A great round machine whirred and spoke to me in a computerized voice while I lay on a crisp white sheet.  I felt like aliens might appear over my head with strange instruments and garbled language.

Within a few minutes, I was called to the front desk where the doctor explained that I had some very small kidney stones.  That all I needed to do was to go home, take some motrin and otherwise live my life normally.

To celebrate, we went to dinner at our favorite Italian restaurant.
Which made us sick...

But this morning I'm feeling much better.   I went to sleep thinking of a story that my daughter Emily told last night on the phone.  It was a sad story about people who are suffering as a result of their poor choices.  It reminded me how tender hearted and compassionate my daughter is.  The story made me realize how truly blessed I am to live in this home with my family.  My basic needs are met every day, and on many occasions my wants are met too.     It makes me realize that I am capable of giving more to those in need.

4 comments:

  1. So pleased that the results were all good! Phew! It certainly makes you think though, doesn't it. I thank God every day for the health of my family and for giving me the health and strength to do the things I do. Blessed indeed! Hope you have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have known people all around me that have had attacks from kidney stones and no doubt they are painful just to watch the expressions on their faces. I do feel blessed being 64 and never knew what it actually is. Good luck with yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Routine visits to the Dr can raise the blood pressure let alone your experience. I'm happy for you and yours it did not turn out to be life threatening. Sorry bout the celebrated dinner. I too thank god every day for the simplest of things and especially to have my family. I wish you and yours well and thanks for a nice read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thankful for so many things in my life.. one of them being you.. I am glad you are ok *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Banner and button design by me!