Friday, July 23, 2010

Magical Breakfast Creme
















According to Mireille Guiliano, author of French Women Don't Get Fat, the thing we must do about weight control is to cook and eat. I'm doing that. A lot. But not in the way that is helping. So I'm making some adjustments. Giliano reminds me that eating a healthy, well balanced breakfast prevents dehydration and that pesky urge to eat junk at 10 am after filling up on nerve rattling coffee. So I have decided to take her advice and experiment with a week of eating something she calls "magical breakfast creme."


Guiliano claims that this concoction "is the perfect complete breakfast and will keep you from getting hungry until late lunch." (I will be watching the clock to monitor when my hunger begins.) But why does she call it magical? It's magical because it is "tasty, easy, and so good for your well being and melts away pounds." But she adds, the trick is to cut out two "offenders" during the day. Her offenders are wine and bread. Mine are whole bags of microwave popcorn, butter flavor, and animal crackers dipped in vanilla frosting.


Needless to say, I am in need of the magical melting aspect of magical breakfast creme. I intend to eat it for one week while cutting out my two offenders and possibly eating more veggies with my dinner. If you'd like to try this, here's the recipe. I made it this morning and it was delicious. I felt totally spoiled eating it.


1/2 cup yogurt


1 tsp flaxseed oil (my gosh this is expensive! but don't skip it)

1 to two tablespoons lemon juice
1 tsp honey


2 tablespoons crushed shredded wheat cereal

2 teaspoons chopped nuts


a few berries (optional)


Method of Preparation: Put the yogurt in a bowl and add the oil. Mix well. Add the lemon juice and mix well. Add the honey and mix well. It is important to add each one at a time and mix to obtain a creamy, lovely custard like texture.


Crush cereal, chop nuts. Add to yogurt mixture and serve at once.


After taking a little time mixing this, I sat down to a breakfast that looked like dessert. It was a touch sour at first but also delicious. I loved the texture of the cereal and nuts. It was better than just eating a container of sweetened yogurt. It was nicer than eating a plain bowl of cereal. I would serve it to guests.

8 comments:

  1. Thank you, thank you so much for such compassionate prayers as those are the miracles that will take my healing to Christ and put such in His hands. I am following you and please know I will be updating on my journey from time to time. Feel free to stop in if you can.
    Amanda
    Hollywood Chic

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do agree about eating a healthy breakfast... I know it makes a huge difference with me.. my biggest problem is I hate eating before 11 am.. but by then I am starving. I do find that having a small something an hour or so after I wake up does make for a much better eating day. I will have to give this a try.. it looks and sounds great. Thank you for posting it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds goood. I keep hearing wonders about flax seed. No idea if you can get it at the regular grocery store. Thank you for stoping by my blog. Following ya back. Looking forward to more posts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good and seems like it would fill you up for a while! Thanks for stopping by my site, I'm following you back!
    Katy
    www.kdbuggie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think adding to plain or vanilla yogurt is the best! i feel like it is more satisfying!!

    Thanks for stopping by, I am following you now!
    -Karissa @with0urbest

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks tasty. I would add a lot of berries, probably blueberries. I have been having Grape Nuts with fresh blueberries in it, soooo tasty.

    I randomly picked number 204 on the Friday Follow and found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I know I'm late, we went out of town on a last minute trip. I am your newest follower from Friday Follow!

    I am hosting a twitter hop tuesday, I would love for you to join!

    Kari @ http://shining2save.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've eaten stuff like this, minus the flaxseed oil, but didn't realize it was that good for me. I'll have to do it more often. I love yogurt, fruit, and crunchy cereal (like granola or bran flakes) mixed together. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Banner and button design by me!