Thursday, October 27, 2011

Apple Store Field Trip

Hi Friends,
Things are so busy this weekend and we are excited.  My mom has arrived safely after driving over 700 miles in one fell swoop.  Elliot is over the moon with happiness having his grandma here.  It was difficult for him to leave this morning to go on our scheduled field trip to the Apple Store.  Perhaps I should have let him stay home while I enjoyed meeting other home educators.  I'm learning to trust and reach out more as we go along.  I made several potentially great friends today, then had the joy of coming home to one of my lifelong friends, who just happens to be my mom. 

While we had breakfast and before we left for our field trip, Elliot told his grandma about all the yucky, scary Halloween stuff that he's seen in the stores this month.  I asked him what we should do when we're out trick or treating and we see a house with lots of scary decorations.  I nearly choked on my oatmeal at his response:

"Well, throw up in their driveway."

"That way, when they leave in the morning they will say, "what's this yucky stuff on my wheels?"

So, for all the folks in the adjacent neighborhood...think twice about putting out the gore! 




6 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny. Elliott looks like such a sweetie pie! That remark was so funny! I bet it made your mum smile as well. So lovely that he is getting to spend some time with his grandma. Take care my friend and enjoy your time with your mum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elliot has a good plan :) I'm so happy to know your Mom has arrived safely. My friendly instruction is for you all to have the best time ever! Now, go and get on with it. Blogging can wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a glorious time for you all- and I agree with Elliot's advice for the scary houses. Makes great sense!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what fun for everyone...Mom, Eliot and Grandma! I'd drive a thousand miles to see my grandkids, so I know your Mom was thrilled to make the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. he looks like he's having a good time with the iPad. he's so cute.

    love the vomit comment. heheh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to laugh at myself. It's not the first time I see a posting title on a friend's blog and get the concept all WRONG. I thought you were going to purchase apples of the eating variety with Eliot. Maybe a Whole Foods or Farmer's Market expedition. I'm sure he was thrilled no end at the Apple Store of the late Steve Jobs! I was so off base I really had to laugh! Hope your visit with your Mom is going grand and Eliot doesn't have to see any scary houses while trick or treating!
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Banner and button design by me!