Thursday, October 20, 2011

Beating my personal best

Hi Friends,
You've probably noticed that I've not been writing frequent posts or visiting as often as I'd like to.  I'm sorry for that, and wish I made more time to keep up with my blogging.  October arrived with an extraordinary amount of pressure for me, as I've worked very hard to keep up with requests in the shop, homeschool, Elliot's Tae Kwon Do, my home, the house,our pets, my personal relationships...
Being at home, it turns out, is a more active lifestyle than I once thought it would be.  In the midst of all the activity and the striving, I made time to get back on the treadmill and start running again.
I'm excited today because I beat my personal best.  I ran a seven minute mile and I didn't die!  I've also lost six lbs and feel better than I have in months.  My goal is to lose nine more. 
I had no idea that I would ever run like I did today.  In high school, it was a requirement to run the mile for our gym class.  I think my time at age 15 was eleven minutes.  I guess you could say I loved to sit under a tree and read books more than I loved to play sports.

I hope you are all doing well and feeling good.  I miss reading about your lives and hope to be able to catch up when things start to slow down again.  My mom is going to be with us one week from today.  We are excited and happy that she'll be able to visit.  While it's good to live here in the south, I do miss my family and sometimes even the snow.

Take care....until next time,
Jenny

9 comments:

  1. You are busy! I'm glad you didn't die during your seven minute mile. I might have. Enjoy your time with your mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny. No need at all for you to apologize my dear friend. You are taking care of the important things in life. I haven't been blogging as much as I used to either. Initially I was feeling terribly guilty that I wasn't leaving comments on all my Followers' posts, but I've had to be strict and I've made myself stop thinking like that. I visit as often as I possibly can and that's all I can do. After all, starting blogging wasn't supposed to put pressure on us, was it?! Have a lovely time with your mum and we will all still be here when you get back. Take care. Sending you hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No worries as we truly understand. Sept/Oct are very busy with us here as well. Awesome on the 7 min mile, that's cookin'! Equally on the weight loss. I'll pop in from time to time just to say hi and hope you can too. Enjoy the time with your Mom as that's what matters most! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang Jenny...a seven minute mile?! I'm in awe. My personal best was nine and that was soooo many years and back surgeries ago. Now I am only allowed to walk on the treadmill. Good for you! We'll all be here loving and looking forward to when you get some bloggie time. No worries...we're the safe country to be citizens of...loving warm place that it is!
    As a Mom probably your Mom's age...I know this is a treasured time for her and you and yours. Enjoy!

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  5. you did a 7 minute mile! wow! congrats!!! that's amazing.

    life is busy right now so don't worry about keeping up on other blogs. diane has some great advice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am homeschooling our 11th gr. Dd and I feel like I'm behind on everything. I applaude you for all you're juggling AND for your 7 min mile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can only do so much and it looks like you're putting your priorities in the right order. We'll all still be here when you have more time...

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my second time to visit your blog, and I enjoyed my time here. Your 7 minute mile is terrific! I'm working towards a half marathon, but I'm more the tortoise than the hare. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think many of us are finding time short, Jenny. I know I am! I'm finding it harder and harder to keep up to date with blogging...in fact, I haven't been up to date for quite a while now! I love the latest pictures of Emily. She's really blossoming, isn't she? I know how very much you must miss her. You have so much filling your days, I quite honestly wonder how you manage to do it all. So, never feel guilty about taking time off from blogging. That can always resume later on when you have more time at your disposal. We all understand!
    Hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Banner and button design by me!