- White construction paper or watercolor paper
- plastic straws
- cookie sheets with sides
- acrylic paint, watercolor paint, tempera paint or food color
- clear liquid dish detergent (other colors work, but add a tint to the color of paint)
- small cups
- newspaper or drop cloth
1. Cover work areas with newspaper or drop cloth
2. Make the bubble mix in the small cups using half dish detergent, half water, and a few teaspoons of paint or food color until you are satisfied with the intensity of the color. Repeat until you have at least three different colors of bubble mix per workstation.
3. Place the cups into the cookie sheet. Put a straw into the bubble mix and blow gently. Let the bubbles flow over the edge of the container. Remove straw. Lightly grab the bubbles with the paper. The bubbles leave a colored print as they pop. Put the straw back into the container and continue until you have filled the page with as many prints and colors as desired.
The result is simple to clean up, just rinse everything in the sink.