Sunday, September 9, 2012

Signs of Life

  After a summer of absolutely 0 requests for Knees and Paws, the busy season is arriving. Before I'm ready. My summer of no sales had me thinking that my shop is done for. But just when the monitor seemed to be showing no signs of life, one new style has arrived, via a custom request.  Today I'm grateful for the visions of my youngest customers, who make the best suggestions!  The following is a set of Bubble Gum plush poodle accessories, complete with extra stuffed wrist and ankle cuffs.  They inspired me to make more sets in different colors.


I'm not sure how much I will be available online in the next few weeks, because I'm hoping to be at my sewing machine!  (AND the post office!)

6 comments:

  1. These are so cute! I wish I was still enough of a kid to play with them. Just the idea makes me smile. I know these will be flying out the door.

    We have a state aquarium near us and they sell things for kids to pretend they are sea life (or did a while back). Have you ever thought about marketing these to kid's museums or the like?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shelly, I would love to do something for our local science center, but those places order everything from big manufacturers. I'm not sure I have enough time to produce big volumes for wholesale yet. I suppose if I wanted to outsource some of the work, it might be possible. Then again, I really like that this is a small operation and that I am the one who gets to do the creating. It's really a theraputic activity.

      Delete
  2. Wow they are cute!
    It's good to balance computer time with other things. Enjoy whatever you're doing!
    Duncan In Kuantan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute idea Jenny! I especially love the pink poodle set!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen! They are really fun to make. I'm sure if I was ever motivated to make tutus, I might be able to sell a complete costume! But tulle drives me crazy.

      Delete

Search This Blog

Banner and button design by me!