Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Preparing for Madagascar


For several weeks, the love of my life has been reminding me about the importance of making travel plans. He's got spring fever and the urge to be on the road or in the sky. Every night at the dinner table, he mentions something about a deal on cruises or the latest gear he's collected for our Appalachian Trail adventure. While all of this talk of trips and adventure is stimulating to the imagination, the little voice inside my head screams, VACATION? I'm wearing two year old underwear with holes and haven't been to the hair salon in a year and he wants a vacation? So one night, between bites of pasta and garlic bread, I said, "Honey, why don't you just go somewhere on your own?"
Within days, he was asked to represent his company in Madagascar. I've enjoyed watching him prepare by renewing his Passport, checking the landscape via satellite images, getting immunizations, purchasing emergency food rations and bug guard chemicals, upgrading his phone plan to include tracking, and researching the cultural and political climate. It seems that Madagascar is not a very popular place to travel due to political unrest and poverty. We are a little nervous but excited at the same time. He'll be stopping in Paris for 20 hours before reaching his destination. Now I wish I was going too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Banner and button design by me!