Monday, May 10, 2010

Monday Minute: Monkey

For Monkey's Mom, Michelle: Hold on...we are all putting our postive intentions together for Monkey's health to be completely restored. Holding you in the light with love. The following questions are from the daily dose of reality.

1. How old do you act?

If one can use the types of books one reads as a sign of how they feel mentally, then I'm between the ages of 5 (I love the Magic Tree House Series) to 105, (I also love ancient spiritual poets such as Rumi). As far as behavior is concerned, I go to bed at 9:30 every night so I must act middle aged.

2. As far back as you can remember, what did you want to be when you grew up?

I wanted to be a public school teacher with my own classroom that had a blackboard with chalk, sunny windows, children's art on the wall
Photobucket


3. If you were to write a book based on your life, what would the title be?

This is funny. I used to say I was going to be a real writer when I grew up. I went through a phase where I started several stories, but they only had titles. It takes HOURS to think up a good title. Writers know that the title usually comes after the book is written. I once wrote 50 pages of a memoir but got so sick of myself that I left that project behind. The fake title was "as yet to be written."

4. Something I do that's considered childish by most....

take a nap

5. A story about me or someone I know who overcame great adversity:

When I was 19, my father was diagnosed with Lung Cancer. He was the middle child of 15, 13 of whom survived into adulthood. If surviving a life of dirt, hunger and shame weren't enough, he beat the odds and survived his cancer too. After treatment, he went on to become leader in cancer support groups and spent his life volunteering as a friendly visitor for cancer paitents, offering understanding, hope and friendship. He gave a great deal of credit to his doctors but also to Bernie Seigle, MD who wrote Love, Medicine and Miracles. That book helped him survive. My dad lived a full life for 20 more years, and was able to enjoy his retirement, his grandchildren and so much more. He said his success depended upon the belief that he would recover fully, even when the odds were against him. I had a hat made for him that said,
MY VERSION OF REALITY IS MIRACLE BASED.
I'm believing in that miracle/reality for Monkey.

2 comments:

  1. Following you from Ian's blog. Your answer to #5 is so sad, yet so inspiring.

    PS I love your wedding photo posted below in your Mother's Day blog post. I did the same thing!

    FourthGradeNothing.com

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Banner and button design by me!