Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Swirling Leaves and Wild Wind

We are having an incredibly beautiful fall this year.  The sunny dry days have illuminated bright reds, yellows and orange leaves that are gathering in heaps around town.  The early darkness is inspiring more dinners with candlelight, and nights of quiet sleep as windows stay shut against the cooler temps.

  This morning I woke early enough to make a dash for coffee before Richard went to work.  Driving with the windows down, the cool fresh wind rushed in while leaves swirled around the road ahead.  Suddenly I realized that my appreciation for life in all it's changing seasons is more complex.  The young version of me would have wished for more sunlight, the older me enjoys the colder darkness.  I passed a runner and thought that it wouldn't be so bad to wake at five am and greet the day before traffic clogs the air with exhaust.  It might be thrilling to run in the dark, and comforting to return and see the light of our kitchen window, where Richard would be waiting.

Today is the day that I plan to reopen the etsy shop after a nice long break.  Today is the day I'll stop procrastinating.

I hope it will be different this time; that I'll make more time to stand in swirling leaves and wild wind.


6 comments:

  1. i need to do the same thing... take more time to stand in the swirling leaves and wild wind. i need to stand in the quiet stillness and listen for the direction that i know is there, just waiting for me to hear and act.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, what beautiful visuals you painted with your words! I'd love to return home to a light in the window...
    Good luck with Etsy but DO keep time for the living part of life!
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  3. The scenes you describe really do sound lovely. And I think sometimes being in a physically dark place forces us to find the light within.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a wonder day you described I love it when there is a nice fresh breeze in the air as we grow older we grow wiser.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the thought of returning to the home light burning. Beautifully said!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post Jenny, and I'm love that you're stopping procrastinating and are going for it again!! It's funny how our thoughts certainly do change as we get older, isn't it? At my great age, I really do stop and look and appreciate the wonder of all God's beauty all around me, and I feel truly blessed. Wishing you lots of luck with your Etsy shop up and running again my friend. Dinners by candlelight sounds wonderful to me, as we make ourselves all nice and cosy indoors.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Banner and button design by me!