Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Unexpected Development

There is something on the horizon, foggy pictures of future expectations dancing in my mind.  I'm learning to stay open and feel the changes arrive.  Today every step feels different, like we're walking in a new direction.  We were on a path and suddenly have been granted a vision that is spreading out over oceans and continents and cultures.

As a family we are standing on the cliff of a decision so huge that it makes me question whether or not it is good to be completely and utterly attached to the way I've been living.

Today, this scripture appeared to give me comfort:

"I know well the plans I have in mind for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare, not for woe! Plans to give you a future full of hope.  When you call me, when you go to pray to me, I will listen to you.  When you look for me, you will find me." ---Jeremiah 29: 11-12

When I am able to reveal more of these plans, I look forward to sharing the details.  For now I must stay quiet as a mouse and keep moving forward with our daily routine.  I've discovered that sewing is helping me to stay centered and at peace.  Sewing and rock music.  And going outside to play.



One of the greatest gifts in life is the gift of my family.  We've shared an incredible amount of challenges and change together.  At the end of the day, I fall asleep happy and feeling good not because I have a beautiful home at the edge of a city, or a reliable vehicle, or a membership to the YMCA, or every other thing that makes up this American Dream.

I have the love of my life beside me.

To be in our relationship is to experience an abundant renewable source of love, meaning, purpose, joy and yes, sometimes frustration.  Those frustrations have proven to be immunizations against apathy, boredom and complacency.  I am challenged intellectually, spiritually, and even physically, as Richard takes me to mountain paths and guides through rocky riverbeds and past black bears.

He takes me to the top of giant sand dunes and encourages me to fly down them in a hang glider.

He believes in me and in us in our decision to take Elliot's education in our hands.  Now I'm wondering at this very moment:

 Are we going to be willing to completely let go and let God take us in His hands?

Or have we always been there, in those loving hands, only thinking that the to do list....which should really be titled the "to live" list.... was written in our handwriting alone.

While we stand here with our faith like hang gliders, waiting for a nice gentle thermal to lift us up, we appreciate your prayers or good intentions, and thank you for sending them our way.





Search This Blog

Banner and button design by me!