Monday, February 20, 2012

White Magic Part One


Absence makes the heart grow fonder!

We have been blessed with our first snowfall of the season, just in time for the birds to return.  Bless their little hearts. I went out to snap a few pictures and they are singing anyway.

It arrived last night after dinner.  Big, wet flakes that piled up in inches big enough to make that wonderful squeaky noise under rubber soles.  It was enough to inspire the throwing of dense balls of wet wonder.  I found myself jogging around in it to keep warm while Elliot, Richard and Ozzie chased me.  We frequently looked up into the darkness to catch the sparkles on our noses and tongues.

Everyone went to bed happy.  And I promised Elliot that he could have a snow day.

This is what he'll wake up to in a little while:









Search This Blog

Banner and button design by me!