Monday, February 20, 2012

White Magic Part One


Absence makes the heart grow fonder!

We have been blessed with our first snowfall of the season, just in time for the birds to return.  Bless their little hearts. I went out to snap a few pictures and they are singing anyway.

It arrived last night after dinner.  Big, wet flakes that piled up in inches big enough to make that wonderful squeaky noise under rubber soles.  It was enough to inspire the throwing of dense balls of wet wonder.  I found myself jogging around in it to keep warm while Elliot, Richard and Ozzie chased me.  We frequently looked up into the darkness to catch the sparkles on our noses and tongues.

Everyone went to bed happy.  And I promised Elliot that he could have a snow day.

This is what he'll wake up to in a little while:









6 comments:

  1. Wow! We didn't get anything here. There were a few flurries but nothing stuck. My son would love to wake up to that beautiful scene. Thank you for sharing the lovely photos. Enjoy it! I know we would. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are perfect postcards, Jenny. A kid deserves at least one good snowstorm every season along with a day off from school to go out and enjoy the white stuff. Ozzie, too! It's been more than ten years since I've experienced snow. It was late December 2001 when I returned to my native Pennsylvania for my dad's funeral. The howling wind and 17 degree temperature that greeted me up there quickly reminded me why I moved to Florida. Nevertheless I miss scenes such as the one you and Elliot and Richard and Ozzie can enjoy today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how gorgeous! I literally caught my breath when i saw the first one! I am so glad you are having a snow day with Elliot today. Stuff this good needs to be enjoyed to the fullest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there Jenny. As you can see, I've managed to sneak over here today. I would just like to thank you for continuing to pop over to see me, even though I'm not able to pop over quite so much at the moment :( Doesn't the snow look wonderful?! Elliot will be so thrilled when he wakes up, I'm sure. Gorgeous photos. Just like a picture postcard. Keep warm my friend. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos, your turn, as the last of ours is melting away in the rain today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is beautiful! Elliott is a lucky boy to share a snow day with you.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Banner and button design by me!