Monday, August 15, 2011

Filling the last five days

  This is goodbye week for our family, as Emily will fly to Michigan for her senior year of high school.  I have intense feelings about this.  However, when thinking about all the parents who are sending their teens to college this year, I feel a sense of hope and comfort.  I have hope that when the time comes for higher education, we might be having a homecoming instead of a tearful goodbye. 

But a year is a long time, and there are many paths to choose.  I realize that one day I'll be standing here and they'll both be off living adult lives. 

Staying present in the everyday moments is all I can do.  The truth is that sometimes I practice avoidance because I feel nagged.     

So I'm here and not here and it's okay.  

I might have to avoid the blog while we make this transition.   I once read that a good way to prime the artist's well is to go on a reading hiatus and to absorb images and feelings instead of text.  The end of summer seems like a good time to experience a week of reading deprivation. 

I look forward to reading your posts and comments on my return, because you will be missed!  

Search This Blog

Banner and button design by me!