Friday, September 9, 2011

Generous Gifts


























Yesterday a package arrived from my friends Odie and Linda from The Simple Life.  I was surprised and delighted when I opened the heavy box. Inside appeared item after item of thoughtful gifts, from a collection of the most heavenly smelling scents, a fall delicacy fit for company, lovely notepads and energy boosting vitamins. Elliot loved the Crazerasers, especially because they are like little toys he can also use as school supplies.  He used to be dismayed about making mistakes in his spelling, but now he's having fun erasing errors with a barn and a tractor.  Receiving this box of love made me realize how generosity grows from receiving.  I realized that I have not been as generous as I could be with my family and friends.  Receiving instilled a sense of gratitude, a mind set of abundance and propelled me into thinking more about generosity.  With all the negative talk about a devastated economy, I think I've developed the habit of walking around with tightly clenched fists, just trying to hold on.  Perhaps I've been like Ebeneezer Scrooge.

So today I want to send a big thank you to Odie and Linda for hosting the giveaway and for being so thoughtful.  Many of you who visit me here also know and love them too.

In other news, I have received the official contract for the writer and illustrator workshop for homeschoolers and will meet with the director to sign my name on the dotted line!  I can't believe this is real.   Also, things are picking up in the etsy shop, as it is the season for costumes.  I hope to keep all of these different activities in balance and still make time to breathe, to love, to absorb life going on and the change of seasons.  The woods and parks are calling to me from my window, with gentle temperatures and dappled sunlight.

8 comments:

  1. It's important to be a gracious and willing receiver...in fact it's probably one of the harder tasks of being human.
    Of course, with receiving comes the act of giving...if all of us only ever focused on giving we would all be receiving the abundance which is being given out - a very important Buddhist concept - never think of ones own needs, only of others.

    Your last paragraph was full of excitement - I'm so pleased for you. I hope you will post about what the writer and illustrator workshop entails - it sounds interesting.

    How wonderful to have woods and parks a window's view away; this time of year is when walking out of doors is at its best - as you wrote..."with gentle temperatures and dappled sunlight"...brings back memories of many of my "wood" walks.

    Lovely post, enjoy your goodies from Odie and Linda.

    Cheers, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a wonderful parcel! I just KNEW it was going to be something special, but my goodness! Odie & Linda have outdone themselves and raised the bar for everyone else having Giveaways!!! I've been summoned for dinner...I'll be back later!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just popped back to continue where I left off so abruptly! I love the lesson you felt was inherent in this special gift you received! You always look for the lesson in everything in life, Jenny. BTW thank you for your delightful comments on my blog. They absolutely made my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jenny. What a lovely assortment of goodies you received from Odie and Linda. I have been following Odie for a long time, and I find him absolutely delightful. A real gentleman. Exciting times for you as you sign on the dotted line for your Writer & Illustrator workshops. Well done you. I hope it all goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on receiving the contract. I know you will be awesome. You are so welcome for the things we sent. It was our joy to accumulate and send them to you. Hope everyone in the family are well and happy. Have a wonderful weekend.
    Odie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I'm so happy for you! I bet that Elliot is having a blast with his erasers. Kids are so cute at his age. Your goody bag looks awesome! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Jenny,
    Oh, such a MARVELOUS giveaway♪♪♪
    Wonderful many goodies, I loved to see them.
    Congratulations and SO happy for you.
    Also wonderful news of being official contract for the writer and illustrator workshop for homeschoolers. I admire SO much for your efforts☆☆☆ GOOD LUCK.
    And I loved the phrase you wrote "The woods and parks are calling to me from my window, with gentle temperatures and dappled sunlight."
    Oh, I wish I can use English like you do, haha impossible.
    Lots of love and Hugs xoxo, Orchid

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely surprise. I too am blessed by Odie's friendship. Enjoy all of the wonderful things they sent. Smile often.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Banner and button design by me!