Saturday, September 24, 2011

Saturday Scraps

Saturday Scraps is a Blog Hop! Play along today by adding your link at the end of this post.


Good Morning Friends! I'm up a little later than I wanted to be, but that's because we were out late last night.  One of the "scraps" I have to share today is about that experience.  At this time in our lives, we don't often take time or use much of our budget for entertainment.  So when we do something together as a family, we hope that the activity appeals to all of us.  Often, that means either a special dinner out or a movie.  Last night, we went to the late night showing of Dolphin Tale.




This movie rocked my heart with a story of loss, reclamation and love that beats anything I've seen in years. Perhaps it has effected me deeply because I am a mom to a growing boy who dreams of one day being a wildlife biologist, a boy who struggled in regular school.  More than that, I think I loved it because it engaged me on several levels.   There were stories within stories, layers of interwoven human experiences that will ensure it's mass appeal.  And since this post is about "scraps" I'm not going to tell anymore about it...but if you happen to find yourself in line to buy tickets at the theater, this one...this one...this one!


I also would like to share that I'm officially in contract with our local YMCA and will begin teaching my first eight week course called the "Home School Writer/Illustrator Workshop."  On Thursday the director shared that the course is now advertised on their electronic marquee, posted in key areas by the locker rooms and at the info Kiosk.

I am nervous about teaching. Underneath my excitement, I avoid purchasing supplies, secretly convinced that no one will sign up.  On the other hand, I think for once I am following a part of God's plan for me, and not exclusively "my" plan for me.

Last, I'm having a very busy surge of activity in the shop.  Most everything has been fine, except for two recent experiences with individuals.  I'm a little shocked to be reminded of the viciousness of some people.  The artist part of me is very sensitive and easily moved to tears by these frustrations.  However, I'm getting stronger and more able to cope with disappointment and also to stand up for myself without fear.   

I hope you've had a wonderful week, full of love and adventure.  







5 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear you were at the receiving end of two unpleasant individual's rudeness, Jenny! Just remember, the problem belongs to them, not you. Refuse to let them get to you.

    I am thrilled for you in regard to your 8 week teaching stint. I am sure you'll be pleasantly surprised when it comes to giving your first class :)

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read a review this morning for Dolphin Tale and thought it looked interesting. We'll keep an eye out for it and hope it comes to our little theatre. Hope your YMCA class turns out well. If it was around here, we'd sign up for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel stupid for asking, but how do I link up? I looked and looked but couldn't figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dolphin Tale looks like the perfect choice for a family outing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it just amazes me how rude people can get. i'm often shocked watching others in action. i'm pretty sensitive, too.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Banner and button design by me!