Monday, September 12, 2011

Life is motion

I'm not sure what's wrong but I seem to have lost my writing bug.  We are having the most wonderful weather and it fills me with the urge to do everything I want to do all at the same time.  I want to work in the yard, mowing, planting new flowers and setting up a little birding garden.  I want to keep adding new and unusual things in the Etsy shop.  I want to clean the house from top to bottom and to spend those first four hours of everyday in our classroom.  I want to ride my bike and run three miles and start making plans for Christmas.  I'm not sure where all of this energy and time is going to come from but while attempting to do all of these things I must make time to practice my lessons for the writer's workshop.

I spent such a heavy-hearted weekend watching the 9/11 memorial coverage that I woke up today with the continued awareness that life is so short.  Busy activity seems to cover up the fact that someday I'm going to die.  I keep working to ignore that we all have to do this one. last. thing. 

And try not to be too sad about it.

But watching the families grieve and the nation come together to remember was something that I'm still carrying in my heart.

Living in motion, feeling the pause...

4 comments:

  1. Your excitement is contagious, Jenny. I could do with an injection of energy right now. Thanks for the timely reminder that we need to make the most of each and every day before our number is up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I would love to have a share with your young energetic power♪♪♪
    Yes, we should live our life of the transient moment, dont we☆☆☆
    Love and Hugs, xoxo Orchid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the whole weekend was sort of like one long giant pause. I never completely got 9/11 out of my mind. Not that we ever should.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My boss & I were talking about how nice it would be to be sitting on the side of a mountain this morning. It must be getting really great in that part of the world about now. I miss it a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Banner and button design by me!