Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Enjoying the Season

This year we are enjoying the season of giving.  Although I still have yet to decide on a gift for Richard, I feel the spirit of the holidays in my heart this year.  Last week we took a small group of children to our favorite historic theater for a free movie and popcorn.  Here's a few inadequate photos that don't do justice to the old grandeur of the Carolina...but I wanted to share a sneak peak at the ballroom we discovered over the summer.  It's small, but in the dark when you're alone with your husband on date night, it's lovely and romantic.




At the end of the film, the Carolina Theater gave away sixteen bicycles to families with children.


Santa spotted!  I disturbed his nap by accident...I had no idea he was up here while I walked around taking pictures.




If I had a theme for this holiday season and for the upcoming winter, it would be small lights in the darkness.  I am discovering that the early darkness is a blessing.  It makes our evenings cozy with the addition of strings of lights and fires in the hearth.


We are hoping to go to the ballet this year, a first for Elliot and Richard.


This photo didn't turn out as I have yet to learn how to take pictures in the dark without a flash...but I just love how it feels to sit and feel small inside the cavernous theater, with thick velvet curtains and sculpted dancers.



While going out is wonderful, this season it's so nice to return home again.  The new project I'm working on means that I'm not baking very many (any!) holiday goodies. Maybe next week I'll get to that.




I hope your holidays are full of light and love.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Jenny! Merry Christmas! I just dropped by to thank you for choosing to follow my blog. I'm thrilled to have you aboard. You already know some of my regular visitors and I hope you can make some new friends as well. I look forward to keeping you entertained throughout the coming year. Thanks again and please hug Ozzie and Annie for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Jenny. I love your little lantern houses, especially when they are all lit up. I see you have our dear friend Shady along with you. He really is a keeper, and has been such a good friend over the last twelve months. From what I could see of that little theatre, it really looks as if you are stepping back in time. I so agree with you about the twinkling lights = they are making our home very cosy during winter time. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Banner and button design by me!