Wednesday, December 21, 2011

It's Wonderful at the Carolina






I'm not sure why I never saw It's a Wonderful Life when I was young.  Maybe it was so I could appreciate the story as an adult, when this classic has more relevance today than ever. Last night I was completely captivated while sitting close to Richard and Elliot in the grand old Carolina Theater, surrounded by a full house of people who audibly responded to this emotional story; a response that made us feel like we were a part of something bigger than ourselves. 

Sometimes the answer to our present challenges can be found in our collective past.  We are all connected in ways that we cannot see from our limited view. 

Today marks the beginning of our stay at home Christmas vacation.... and mine from the very tempting and ever available land of blogging...

Until next time,
Merry Christmas with love from  my family to yours!

6 comments:

  1. What you said is quite profound, "Sometimes the answer to our present challenges can be found in our collective past. We are all connected in ways that we cannot see from our limited view."

    This is absolutely true and so full of wisdom. I'm going to print it out and keep it nearby. I LOVE It's A Wodnerful Life, especially when viewed with those I love.

    Have a wonderful Christmas- it's one of my presents that I have gotten to know you this year! I hope the abundance and peace of the season stays with you and yours throughout the entire coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "It's A Wonderful Life" is mister's favorite Christmas movie.
    We watch it every year on Christmas eve.
    Great lessons in this movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we need a "like" button for blogs! your writings never cease to amaze me. so full of wisdom. you bring to life the thoughts that i never knew i had until i read them - but they then sound so much like "me" that i can't help but think the came from me, too.

    merry christmas, my friend! i hope your holiday is absolutely wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Teresa, Jenny. Your writing IS beautiful. Wishing you and your little family a Very Happy Christmas. May peace and joy be yours, for you certainly deserve them. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't see that movie until last year. There's a reason why it's a classic.

    Love the line, "Sometimes the answer to our present challenges can be found in our collective past. We are all connected in ways that we cannot see from our limited view." Amen.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Banner and button design by me!