Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A low moment

Well, I've had my first real stumbling block.

I've experienced my first incident of cyber bullying through the Etsy shop, of all places.  This event has shattered the Utopian image I had been forming...

 But I'm going to keep moving forward with my good intentions. 

I'm going to stay positive.

There are people who claim to have connections, fame, power and influence.  I say, if you don't have your heart in the right place then you can't have my respect, goods or service. 

Perhaps it was inevitable to discover people like this along the way.   Thankfully, I am not so weak as to feel bad about my little handmade business, even in its humble infancy.  

To my blogging friends, today I especially appreciate you.  You are authentic, real people with great big hearts.  

8 comments:

  1. Sorry you had a bad experience, kudos to you for moving on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should not feel anything but proud of your wonderful business! I am sorry someone threw a stumbling block your way. I watched some of that happening in the same place awhile ago and that was when I decided to take my whole business somewhere else.

    There are so many wonderful amazing people out there... on the computer and off... all kinds of people... meaning we get the good and the bad anywhere we go... all about balance I guess.

    *throws you some gloves and suggests just weeding out the ones who do not match up with what you would like*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jenny... I'm so sorry to hear that. You have a heart of gold, and that is what matters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear that. What a bummer. I applaud you on your positive attitude, that will pull you through!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry somebody had the nerve to pick on you. Sometimes with my husband he'll get ten compliments and one criticism will wipe em all out. He has to fight not to let the one negative cancel out all the positives. Ask God to show you if there is any truth in the criticism and if not, then ignore it and keep on doing what you feel you should be doing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry that you have had to go through this experience. Can you believe it?! I am really glad that you are going to stay positive though. Please do not let this make you doubt yourself or your business. Try to forget it - you are worth so much more than people like that. Upwards and onwards Jenny! Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are a lot of good people out there so hang in there and don't let an individual rob your joy. Have an awesome wednesday.
    Odie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry that you had to experience this. I'm glad that you have a solid community of online friends to help bolster you through it.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Banner and button design by me!