Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Summer Homeschooling Dilemma Solved!

My friends have been asking about whether we plan to continue school through the summer months.  I've been torn on this.  I know how refreshing it is to the mind and soul to make a complete break from entrenched routines.  When doing nothing, things happen inside. 

I've decided to think like the folks who developed the Seven Minute Abs video series.  For each group of subjects, we will do one block of seven minutes of intensely focused and concentrated review. 

I am going to spend less time teaching. 

There is really so much to think about when a person takes on this responsibility.  I want to just be Mom for a while.       

5 comments:

  1. Even the moms need a break sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment at my blog. I enjoyed visiting yours. I quoted you on twitter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I found my way here from CBC and am so excited! I'm a newbie homeschooler and have much to learn. :) looking forward to reading more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always think it's beneficial for children to take a break when it's holiday time, as opposed to being packed full of homework when they should be out enjoying themselves!

    Duncan In Kuantan

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great idea! I'm sure homeschooling moms need the time off!!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Banner and button design by me!