Monday, July 25, 2011

If you were here

If you were here I'd invite you to sit in my newly redecorated wicker and have a glass of icy lemonade or tea.  We'd probably only sit there for thirty seconds as it's hot enough to melt your eyelashes here.  So, the new cushions I made from an old sheet and some pillows will have to stay empty for now.  The cat will enjoy them tonight and tomorrow I'll have a good long sigh at the tufts of cat hair all over my new creation.  It's the first time since we've lived here that I have matching cushions...a feat accomplished by allowing myself to make what I wanted to see. 






































































































9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful spot, Jenny. I really do wish I could be there to share a lovely cool drink with you. You have done really well with the cushions. They look super!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an awesome job making that area look wonderful. Hopefully it will cool off before too long so you can enjoy it before the cats make it unusable. Take care & stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful resto on the outdoor living set and your matching cushions and pillow are a perfect fit. Oh a nice glass of lemonade sounds the perfect taste treat to help combat the heat. A lovely area for relaxing with fam and friends indeed! Love your pics and thanks for sharing! Hope y'all have relief from the heatwave soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How relaxing looking place with your lovely creations♪♪♪
    I learned what the "wicker" is, thank you very much!!! And I knew what you were sewing(*^_^*)
    I admire the books on the table as well.
    Hugs xoxo, Orchid.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so nice and welcoming. Would be nice to sit down and have a talk in person, but I'm pretty sure the heat would do me in. So perhaps the fall is better for sitting outside where you live?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you're enjoying Bird by Bird - it's one of my favorites!
    That's a beautiful space...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, I would love some lemonade and to sit and visit with you

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to come and sit with you in your pretty spot and enjoy a cool drink while listening to the birds and enjoying the silence, But I'll come when the weather is more favourable. That heat sounds dreadful! Maybe that's why you've been getting headaches? Are you drinking enough water through the day?

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Banner and button design by me!