Friday, July 1, 2011

Preparations underway

Here's just a sneak peek at our preparations for Elliot's party.  We decided months ago to create a Gem Mining experience for the children. Elliot loves crystals and enjoyed his visit to the Rose Creek Mine in Franklin, NC when we vacationed in the mountains.  He had so much fun that we purchased several bags of soil mixed with gems and crystals to take home.  Richard will be setting up a mining operation in one area of the back yard. (I've just been informed that this area will have an above ground "tunnel" with lights!)  The children will also get to take home their gems and crystals.


Emily and I have been working on setting up a carnival style concession stand where we will "sell" hot dogs, treats and plastic trinkets.  Several friends have been sending in great ideas on facebook.  I asked what they would include on the menu.  So far my favorite suggestions are fruit kabobs and frozen grapes, but I think we'll also include pop corn and cotton candy.


It has been said that anticipation increases our joy...

Today we are having a blast working together as a family in anticipation for the big day.

4 comments:

  1. This is sure to be an unforgettable birthday for both Elliot and his friends! What a novel idea...you have all of us behind you, egging you on :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fun! having never had a birthday party when i was a kid, i can only imagine how much fun this will be for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so impressed by the thought you put into Elliots big day. Planning that mining operation was a great idea and I am sure he will have so much fun. Have a wonderful weekend. Linda & I will be leaving for Siler City in a little bit for our weekend away. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jenny. WoW! This sounds like such a super idea for Elliot's birthday party, and I love the carnival concession stand idea as well. Elliot and all his friends will have such fun. I think it's great that Emily has been helping out as well. You will have to let us know how it all went my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Banner and button design by me!