Monday, January 23, 2012

Where there's a will...

....there's a way.

Last year, Richard read Lynne McTaggart's The Intention Experiment.  He enjoyed it so much that as a family we began to think about the power of positive intention as a way to actively participate in shaping our lives.  I did attempt to read the book, but the density of scientific jargon left me with a mere glimmer of an idea about how this is supposed to work.  In any case, while I was entering the realm of an online business for the first time, I practiced intention to the best of my ability.  The theory is that our thoughts will manifest themselves.  So with intention, it's very important to be positive.

Without going into too much detail on that (because frankly, a lot of it is lost on me), I think it's actually working.  Two years ago, I had the intention that Knees and Paws would somehow make their way to children in cancer recovery.

With that intention in mind, I actively sought a way to make that happen.  I researched hospitals in my area and discovered that I couldn't just show up with an armload of goods.  There were policies, closed doors and lots of confusing things to get through.

Then, last week, I received a phone call.  The caller explained that they represented the Children's Cancer Recovery Foundation, and wondered if they could count on me for a contribution.

My response took this caller by surprise.  "You won't believe me, but I have been waiting for your call! Thank you so much for reaching out! I have been attempting to do just what you're asking for two years!  Do you have contact information for the corporate office?"

Before too long, I had everything I needed.  Knees and Paws now has a cause.


My intention, or next step, is to create sample sets with professional looking packaging and mail them directly to their location in Hershey, PA.


I also have a few books to put on my reading list, as the founder of the organization sounds like an amazing person.  Here's a peek at the mission and background:





Our Mission
Children’s Cancer Recovery Foundation assists children under age 18 and their families who are facing the hardships of a cancer diagnosis.  The Foundation focuses on improving the mental, social and emotional well-being of these families while helping to minimize the devastation that cancer can cause.  A national footprint allows the Foundation to make a difference in communities, large and small, providing a helping hand wherever needed.
The Foundation delivers gifts to thousands of children each year through the national Bear-Able Gift Program.  Items such as board games, toys, crayons, coloring books, markers, video games, puzzles, teddy bears, craft kits… all sorts of things that make children smile and laugh… are distributed to hospitals across the country.  The Bear-Able Gift Program is the largest supplier of gifts to children with cancer in North America.
Families of children with cancer often face financial difficulties.  Suddenly, household bills become overwhelming; utilities are in jeopardy of being shut-off or an eviction notice is received.  The Helping Hands Fund provides emergency bridge payments directly to the utility companies and landlords, ensuring that each child has a warm, safe place to call home while recovering from cancer.
The Camp Scholarship Program allows children in remission to reconnect with friends and activities in which they love.  The program provides funding for a camp of their choice; sports, music, art, science, horseback riding, skiing or whatever activities they missed most during treatment.

Our Founder
Cancer Recovery Foundation International (CRFI) is a group of global affiliated charities, founded by “The Wellness Authority” Greg Anderson in 1984. Cancer Recovery Foundation’s mission is to help all people prevent and survive cancer through “integrated cancer care” which Anderson pioneered. The Foundation is currently established in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and Germany. The organization is recipient of the “5-Star Best in America Award.”
Greg Anderson was diagnosed with stage IV lung cancer in 1984. His surgeon gave him just 30 days to live. Refusing to accept the hopelessness of this prognosis, he went searching for people who had lived even though their doctors had told them they were “terminal.” His findings from interviews with over 16,000 cancer survivors form the strategies and action points for what has become an international cancer recovery movement.
Anderson is the author of eleven books including international Best Sellers The Cancer Conqueror; Cancer: 50 Essential Things to Do; and The 22 (Non-Negotiable) Laws of Wellness. His writings have been translated into 31 languages.



I hope you are all having a great start to your week!  Thanks for stopping by.

9 comments:

  1. What a truly worthy cause! I can already see how your sets are going to bless those children immensely. I love what you say about positive intentions. It's true. Even the bible says it, "As a man thinks in his heart, so he is." If we think negatively, that's what we get back. Being positive, especially in our thought life, is abundant in rewards.

    I can't wait to see how this donation plays out, Jenny! It's a win win situation, and the biggest winners are going to be those precious kids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouraging support Shelly! It feels great to finally be "matched" with the organization that's in line with my philosophy.

      Delete
  2. This is very exciting, Jenny, and I smiled as I read it because it took me back to my seminar experiences of the 1980s. There is power in coming from positive intention and your words ooze power. There is no such thing as try. Take your passion and make it happen. I know that you will make a difference. Correction: I know that you are making a difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shady! I thought you might connect with the theory behind the intention experiment:) The possibilities are limitless!

      Delete
  3. Hi Jenny. I so agree with you about positive intentions and, as you know, positivity is going to be my Mantra for 2012! How wonderful that you are going to be in contact with CRFI. It really does sound like such a wonderful cause and, as you say, this was your original intention when you first dreamt about knees and paws. It actually all sounds very exciting, and I know that you will keep us posted on this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jenny :) I am delighted to hear about your success! What a lovely cause! My favorite expression is: - What you think about EXPANDS! :) Thank you so much for sharing and have a lovely Day! Eva

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, yay you! What an exciting venture for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny...I am not surprised that your intentions were found by such a lovely organization. You have a light in you that will be a beacon for this organization and many others. Good intentions...indeed!
    Loves~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love what you're doing here and I can't believe I didn't discover your blog sooner. I'm a strong believer in the power of intention. Congratulations on getting matched up with such a wonderful organization. What you're doing is truly a blessing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog

Banner and button design by me!